Thursday, June 2, 2011

Healthy Food But Only on Weekends

I was appalled to read an Associated Press report this morning that congressmen are protesting the healthy lunch intiative because it would cost $.14 extra per meal to feed school children.  First of all many behavioral problems not to mention health problems are directly related to the food we eat.  How can you teach Health to a child as a subject in school then send them to the lunch room for junk?  Surely there can be a place in the budget to accomodate healthy meals.  Perhaps if the government would subsidize healthy food instead of gmo corn and soy healthy food would be cheaper and this would not an issue.  Perhaps if the government would pay farmers to grow healthy food instead of paying them to not grow crops (yet it happens when there is surplus) 14 cents would not be an issue.  That is my rant for the day.  Please check in for I am sure that I will have another soon.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya. I saw some documentaries about that gmo corn.

    ReplyDelete