Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Dinner Vouchers

Last week an old friend of ours left this earth.  As she was in ICU we wanted to send something to let the family know we were thinking of them.  As ICU doesn't allow flowers, balloons or stuffed animals we were at a loss.  I thought of sending resturant gift cards but they were in Dallas and I couldn't think of a way to get one delivered.  I called the hospital who put me through to a couple of people then finally culinary services.  They were at a big hospital that had a Chic-Fil -A and coffee shop besides the cafeteria.  The lady at culinary services gladly made gift certificates and had them delivered to ICU.  She was sure to explain that they had no monetary value so she made them in $5 and $1 increments as they could not receive cash back.  I was thankful for her taking the time to make sure they were made out as I wanted them.  I'm letting you all know because I had a friend who said she would have to remember this next time they knew someone in ICU.  I wish I would have known about this earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment