Monday, April 19, 2010

Wonderful Weekend

April has been a busy month at the Edwards household.  I have been meeting myself coming and going.  This last weekend was a wonderful repreive!  We went to Rogers Scout Reservation and camped with a bunch of Cub Scouts.  There were 517 registered.  Our campground was remote and filled with pine trees.  The wind whispered great secrets through the pines and soothed my racing mind. I turned the cell phone off and enjoyed the canadian geese who made the lake their home.  The girls and I canoed on the lake Saturday morning.  Then I went back to camp and enjoyed the peace while I read a book a dear friend of mine gave me. 
I escaped into the world of The Secret Life of Bees sitting in the sunshine.  Around noon the kids came back and we went on a long hike.  After lunch I went back to my haven and everyone else commenced with the activities.  I finished my book on Saturday.  It was fabulous.  Thanks so much Lori for sharing it with me!  Saturday evening we went to dinner and to campfire activities.  After we arrived back in camp it began to rain softly.  It rained all night.  We slept to the rain dancing on the rainfly encouring us to sleep.  We packed up in the drizzle Sunday morning and broke camp.  I am so thankful to the beautiful creation that gave me rest.  Now to finish April!  Have a great day everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you enjoyed the book, Michelle! I loved reading about your lovely weekend. Now I want to go camping!:) Lori

    ReplyDelete