Monday, May 10, 2010

Blackberry Winter

Old timer's call this cold snap Blackberry Winter. This is due to the blooms on the blackberry bushes. They are loaded this year and we should have bumper crops. Yummy.


 
I hope your Mother's Day was fantastic.  I was treated like a queen.  I was served a big breakfast, grilled fish and veggies for lunch.  My girls bought me beautiful flowers and my boys bought me a new printer.  Woo Hoo.  Then we all watched The Blind Side and lounged until church.  Thanks for a fabulous day.  I have a wonderful family.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful, Michelle! My Mother's Day was lovely, too. Love the thought of a bumper crop of blackberries! Blackberry cobbler- YUM! Let me know if you know where to pick them, dear friend, and we'll go! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will Lori. We can pick them at an orchard in Gentry. There are wild blackberries on our place but the birds usually beat us to them. Hopefully there will be enough this year for the birds and us.

    ReplyDelete