Tuesday, December 15, 2009

New Book

I am reading a fascinating book called The Book of Herbal Wisdom by Matthew Wood. It is a wonderful book full of great herbs found in North America and Europe. I love the stories he adds that explain what the Native Americans believed about these herbs. Remarkably, the Europeans and Native Americans used the same herbs for the same ailments long before they were acquainted with each other. I think that God is gracious and showed these people through plant signatures what was needed to keep them healthy. I also enjoy the "magical" uses of herbs through the years. Why not stretch our thinking to consider that herbs may influence our mind and spirit along with our bodies. Did God not create us mind, body and spirit? This book has been enlightening and educational. I look forward to spring when I can look for these herbs in my backyard and make a few tinctures. I know that they will be a great addition to my remedy cabinet at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment