Friday, November 19, 2010

Holy War

I was sent an email the other day telling me which stores to boycott because they don't include the words "Merry Christmas" in their sale ads.  This is amusing to me because I am sure that Christians boycotting them will not bring them closer to salvation.  I know many Christians who seclude themselves from the "world".  They don't allow their children to socialize with people who don't believe the way they do (even different denominations).  They only do business with people who proclaim to be Christians.  They noisely protest anyone who doesn't believe the way they do and boycott.  The sad thing is that less people are being reached for Christ.  Church attendance is declining and I can't blame the non Christians.  First it is ludicrous to expect a non Christian to act like a Christian.  If someone doesn't believe in Jesus how can I expect them to wish Merry Christmas?  How does my demanding them to do so encourage them to accept God's grace.  Jesus is a gentleman.  He stands at the door and knocks but never stands at the door banging and hollaring to be let in.  How can I extend an invitation to non believer telling them that Jesus accepts them no matter what but I won't allow them to go to the park with our family?  How are we different from other religions with their Holy Wars?  Just because we are not shedding blood doesn't mean that we are not taking lives.  The eternal lives of many people depend upon our acceptance of them, grace to them, hospitality to them and yet we protest, shout, boycott and exclude.  God have mercy on us when we are asked in heaven how we showed His love to the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment